Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The writing on the wall

It's pretty frustrating to want to be good at something, trying to be, and then recognizing your limitations. This is how I am about writing. I enjoy writing. The fact that I spew on a blog is an indication of that. The problem doesn't seem to be writing down words about my random thoughts, but rather when I decide to write about an experience I've had in a journalistic fashion. Maybe it's nerves about making it 'publish worthy'. Words just don't seem to flow very well. My other issue is that I can't seem to incorporate any wit into it at all. My sarcastic sense of humor means that every once in a while, I can come up with a quip that gets people laughing. I can't seem to do this in the unprovoking realm of writing. It all makes me appreciate my friends who are really good at writing.

At least I'm halfway decent at editing. Taking the original thoughts of others and doctoring them up some comes easy. It makes no sense that I can't do the same for myself.

Thankfully, I have picture taking to fall back on.

Oh wait...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

never mind the writing, what about the move ?, got out to say about that ?

oh, and thanks for the edit job ;-)

Anonymous said...

when you edit someone elses work work it's 'a day in the life of..' - you know the person and accept it's a part of them, not the whole of them.

When you write for yourself -you want it to define you as a whole, encompass all that is you. It's an impossible task. Apply the same rules you do for others, if you have an interesting thing to say, write it as you see it, accept that you are interesting and funny and that it will show between the lines.

crayons

Nick said...

Are you being ironic?

;-)

Kelvin said...

Your only limitation is your inhibitions. Try writing whilst drunk.

Anonymous said...

You need to write more nonesense on your blog to start with!