Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Soul Sucking

Some bike shops have no soul. I've been to two that are part of a 5-store chain in the last 4 days. The whole thing has this 'corporate' feel to it, and it's obvious when talking to the staffers that the owners and buyer have lost the plot. It all makes my job much, much harder. To make matters worse, chatting after my event tonight meant I didn't make it home until 10, which is when I was hoping to be in bed in order to get up early and do a 'beat the heat' ride. Now I'm tired and want to go to bed, but need to wait just a bit for my very late dinner to digest some.

I managed to get out on the bike today, although it was a later start than I wanted and because of the heat, an embarassingly short 25 miles with one big climb. Oh well, the worst day riding is still better than the best day working, right?

3 comments:

Stewart Pratt said...

Don't sweat it Chris, I dream of doing a 25 mile ride. I suggest that your glass may actually be half full :)

Nick said...

I guess they didn't even accept coffee and muffins as bribes.

MRMacrum said...

Long time no comment. But I figured since you were responsible for my entry into this blogging madness, I would reciprocate at the proper time with proper payback. You are tagged. Anty up with 5 things about yourself.