Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Two slices and a birch beer

Yup...still feeling homesick.

Got to spend some time with Pat, Sara, Chris Duncan, and Quad Ben a couple of weekends ago. I trucked it home in order to get to Winter Park early, and the long day behind the wheel was worth it. It was so good to see them. Despite the work involved in getting the race set up, we managed to have a great time. It was a much needed dose, that's for sure.

It's show time next week, which will mean another week of hanging out with some very good friends from across the pond. In the meantime, I've been in South Jersey. It's still summer hot and humid here. We've been riding and taking my dog to the beach, and today gave surfing a shot. Bad day for it though...the waves were 'unorganized' and choppy, with a serious current that made paddling next to impossible. Oh well, it was still nice to swim in the ocean in mid-September.

We're off to Detroit on Thursday for an event at VW headquaters, then I'm leavin' on a jet plane for Sin City. Hard to believe that summer is pretty much over, and my first season of demo touring is under my belt. It's been such a whirlwind. I've been dealt some blows, and had many good times which I'm sure prevented it from being a crappy season.

That's all I have to report for the moment. Many thanks to Kirsty and Nick for the phone call! And to Steve for even considering the idea of a surprise visit.

2 comments:

Nick said...

How surprising would his visit be now then, eh?

Anonymous said...

Ah, two slices (maybe 3) and a birch beer....haven't had that since July myself. I'm due...see you Thnaksgiving?