Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Pacific Sun


Surfer and sea lion, originally uploaded by Cyclenaut.



So today I decide to just spin along the coast, camera in tow, to work the legs just a little and more importantly, to take some pictures. I had a route all planned that would wind me along the cliffs above the ocean and back again. I didn't even make it halfway. There were so many things to take pictures of including 3 different surf spots, wildflowers drapped over the edge somehow adhering themselves to rock, crashing waves, a sea otter, and an enormous sea lion.

I think it's entirely possible to spend a great deal of time in just this town, riding a bike and taking in the sights, and still manage to miss some really cool thing. This is obviously a surfer's paradise, but there are a lot of things here that could satisfy a wide range of interest groups.

Anyhoo, it was good to have the camera back in my hands today. I'm going to make a serious effort to actually do the whole ride I had in mind. I might force myself to keep the camera in the pink bag until I'm beyond where I was today.


Surfer and sea otter, originally uploaded by Cyclenaut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not jealous, nope not at all.