Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I can not tell a lie...

Things here in Boulder are great! Almost as great as sheep, in fact.

There's a slew of people that I know here, and everyone seems to be back in town from whatever race/event/vacation they were attending. I don't think my phone has ever been so busy with calls and messages from people who want to get together. It's been almost as regular a social calendar as my time in the UK. And, these are good people as well. I have to say that I enjoy spending time with them as much as my friends in England and well, I really love those guys so that's saying a lot. The weather has been good, and I've done some riding. All in all, it's been a really great week so far and it promises to continue on that course.

All this socializing doesn't leave much time for thinking. Nevertheless, my mind does drift, and seeing pictures from SSMM has ensured the continuation of that line of thinking. I can't believe it's already been a year since I was picking off the 38 ticks that latched on to me while I was setting up my section of the course. I really missed being there again this year. And obviously, a lot can happen in a year. I remember how I felt then, and I remember the state of my relationship. It was so much different, and at the time I really couldn't seen any sort of end in sight. I haven't quite stopped asking myself 'why?' yet. There's no obvioius explanation, and I don't think there will be. For that reason, I might never be able to resolve the why.

I'm happy that invites to the UK still stand. I will be coming back, I just don't know when right now. I'm trying not to think too far in advance. Aside from one very obvious thing, what's happening in the here and now is really good, and a very welcome relief from what otherwise would be a terribly difficult time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi C

Sounds like you have been having a rough time recently. As I have been a less than regular visitor on cheeky recently I haven't really been up to speed on what has been going on, so I've only found out reading your blog today. I guess like you I've been very tied up in work, but ironically despite being attached to a computer, I actually have less time to lounge on web forums with friends. I guess I'm envious of you working in the bike biz, as I frequently really miss working in the shop. The thing is after a week in the office I don't really want to spend a day of freedom serving people with bikes and bike bits when I could be out riding.

So where's all this waffle going, well I guess it is to say that if you don't come back over to the UK, I and many others from the West Yorkshire weekly hardcore (and occassional riders) will be very disappointed not to see you again or to have the chance to go riding and drinking Tim Taylors in your fine company. I don't suppose that any of us can knowingly assist in the healing process, but of course if there is anything you think of, you'll have to let us know.

Enjoy the fine summer weather and I hope you get some biking in soon. Over and out

C