Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Opportunity knocks, and another door seems to close

Today, I had a conversation about a job opportunity that I'd probably be a fool to turn down. Me, a pro mountain bike racer, a truck and trailer, and a fleet of 20 bikes on a summer-long road trip around the US.

Seems like a no brainer, but there are other considerations to think of. Or so I thought...it seems that the 'other consideration' is a little bit one sided. Very sad, really. I guess this is just one of those harsh examples of how sometimes you have to force yourself to do something that you know is good, even though it might take you far away from the one you love.

Oh, and if I do this it means that I'd have to be in Seattle instead of State College where the Singlespeed Worlds are being held. I'm not really sure I want to miss that.

No comments: