Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 11-Columbus, OH Kim and Michael's House



First morning waking up at the home of my cousin Kim and Michael (her husband, and that makes him family). Kim is actually down in Savannah, GA with her sister, my aunt, and my sister visiting Lauren. It was a surprise to Lauren that Ruth was going. We knew there would be tears. It wasn't a question of whether or not tears would happen, but how many tears there would be.

Anyhoo...I had a leisurely morning. I started by making some steel cut oats for breakfast, then sat outside on the deck enjoying the morning with my book (I was reading David Cullen's book Columbine, which revealed the events leading up to the massacre, and the errors that took place during the investigation a decade ago).

The plan for the day was to take the kids to the Columbus Museum to see a traveling exhibit on Egyptian burial rituals. It was good, but I was more impressed by the permanent exhibit of George Tooker's work. Amazing stuff.

The rest of the day was spent engrossed in the book to the point of finishing it. I ate some dinner, did some laundry, talked to Tori on the phone, and started reading the Idiot's Guide to 2012. It turns out that it's not quite the doomsday that everyone fears it to be.

The Maya had a cool way of writing numbers. It gave me an idea for another tattoo.

No comments: