Friday, May 08, 2009

Day 8-More Traverse City, and Women Drinking Wine At A Bike Store


Let's see...Today started out pretty quiet. I caught up on some emails and forum posts while the rain moved away. Then I headed over Brick Wheels to check in and see if I could help get ready for the event. They seemed to have things under control, so to kill some time I headed to downtown Traverse City to check out the scene. What a great downtown area.

I went back to the hotel for some food, then set off with the trailer to get the rig washed up all nice and shiny for the event. My responsibilities were rather few: park the rig on the front lawn for maximum visibility, hang around the store and answer questions for the women. I helped fit a few helmets, talked about lights, installed one light, discussed bikes, and consumed some very nice late-harvest Riesling. People seemed to have fun, and the store sold some things.

I talked to a woman for quite a while who was looking at a Madone 6.5, or a Specialized Ruby. I wasn't going to be in a huge hurry to leave town, so I offered to meet with her tomorrow for a ride so she could really get a feel for the bike.

Tim Brick, the store owner, took the industry reps out after the event to one of the Mexican joints in town. Fortunately for me, mole was on the menu. It's been a while since I had a nice mole sauce, so it was a nice way to fill my belly.

That pretty much sums up the day.

1 comment:

doing the volvic challenge said...

Mole! As in the cute little creatures who wear glasses, read books and avoid getting blown up in Caddyshack? How could you?

Then again, I did have a nice lamb curry the other night....