Monday, March 03, 2008

Acting like a proper athlete.

Again! I rode my bike today. Yes, outside. Only for an hour, and as expected my ass hurt like a personified bowling ball colliding with pins. Every minute was a sore one. Adding insult to ass injury was the headwind I hit on the way back. Good thing I was only out for a light recovery ride. I kept it all very spinny and didn't let myself mash any gears. I've also got a very tight hammy and for a while, though my right groin muscle was pulled. I'm stretching, ooooow! Right now, as a matter of fact. I really must try and avoid such long periods off the bike.

Took mom out for errand running after. Had one minor WIHP moment at the grocery checkout with the woman at the register who decided that examining her nails was far more important than greeting the customer who's helping to keep her in paychecks. If only we'd gone to the next one over with the cheery man who actually thanked his customer for bagging his own groceries. Do you think we got that? Uh no. Not even so much as a grunt, or anything that resembled 'Have a nice day'. Customer service is alive and well at the ole Acme!

And a very Happy Birthday on Tuesday to my favorite sister Ruth! Should I say how old you are?? It's half a century ride to those playing along. Or, enough fluffy sheep to make wooly hats for 50 people. Love you Dufus!

Now I'm going to put my PJ's on and dive into the Wawa Brand Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream that I got today. I deserve it. I rode my bike for the second day in a row, after all.

9 comments:

Rob Fisk said...

This thread is useless without pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I make that 25 sheep as surly you can make at least 2 hats out of one wooly sheep.

simondbarnes said...

Happy Birthday Ruth!

Anonymous said...

Oh, well I am SO glad you didn't tell everyone how "young" I am! I'll get started on those hats by the way...

Thank you Simon for your birthday wish! ("Lovely Lip" man)

Snakebite said...

Sore ass? I don't see any snow OR ice in your pictures. Sell you car. Buy a single speed and ride it EVERYWHERE. I suggest finding someone to give you an ass massage for that issue. I'd offer, but, you're too far away to make it cost effective even with a really big tip.

Steve J Makin said...

("Lovely Lip" man)


ha ha ha ha

keep em coming :-)

simondbarnes said...

Shut it Makin :)

Willu said...

WIHP !!!???!!!!

Are you a real misanthrope or just dabbling?

If the counter girl registered on you meter,you may want to readjust your dials.

G as in Chris said...

I might hate people, but the romantic in me still believes in the general goodness of humankind.