Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Inbox Rubbish

Of things that line the bottom of my inbox, this one deserves a prize:

"My name is {witheld}. I am a 36 year old man. I am 6\'5\" tall, 240 lbs. I would like to become a product tester for bikes. I love the outdoors and anything sports related. I would be perfect for this. Please respond. Thank You"

This was sent to the Fit for Women Tour contact address, i.e. me.

Simon said I should be more tolerant of people. Therefore, I am *not* going to write the oratory that went through my head when this one arrived. I am simply going to leave it here for others to comment on as they will.

In other news, I managed to get out yesterday for my longest ride of the year so far. 33 miles of rolling, New Hampshire goodness. The road riding around here is pretty great, but I really wish the snow would hurry up and melt so I can start exploring the trails.

As I write this, we are in the midst of yet another winter storm that rolled in last night, and will be around for another day yet.

I'm going to use the time off the bike productively, and cut down the steerer tube. I'm sure this will be welcome news to at least Simon and Nick. :~p

3 comments:

Nick said...

Tell work you need to bring the bike over here to Tim's to have the steerer cut down by a pro :)

Anonymous said...

Ask them if they're willing to have the op?

simondbarnes said...

Yay, the steerer is getting cut!

LOL @ Olly :)