Sunday, March 02, 2008

She Strong Like Bull

I rode my bike today. Outside even! As expected, coming to see mom and dad has found me in a place with much milder weather than those at home are experiencing. The report from Ruth is that the snow piles are so high now that you can't see the cars in the driveway. Meanwhile, down at the shore it was around 50 with a stiff wind today. I managed to eek out 31 miles. My legs hurt, which is nothing compared to the pain I'm sure I'll feel in my ass tomorrow.

It was the first major ride of the season though, and it did feel good to be turning cranks outside again. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Spring is on it's way. Once I get back to New Hampshire I'm sure reality will hit me.

Photographic evidence:



Believe it or not, I had no 'Why I Hate People' encounters today, despite riding on the boardwalk in Ocean City which was pretty crowded for a Sunday in March. Rather than get annoyed at people who were strolling, I made a slalom course out of that leg of the ride. I scored top marks since I didn't hit anyone, intentionally or otherwise.

I read my mom my example from yesterday, and told her about some of my other WIHP commentaries. She suggested that I should try to be less negative, after all, she says, 'You can be funny about positive things, too.' Of course I can, Mom. It's just more fun to talk about the stoopidheads.

Now, should I open another beer or not? I did ride my bike today, after all.

Roll call:

Tim: Fingers crossed for Lanark tomorrow
Sara: I thought you said you were on nights? I'm still waiting for my phone call. ;~)
Ross: Two in Two woman. Tsk tsk tsk
SDB: Dumbass. ;~)

7 comments:

Ross said...

Hey-oh! I'm stoked that my voicemail made your blog. I'm gonna have to crank up the posting.

Rob Fisk said...

Get orff my pavement, muppet :)

Anonymous said...

Chris you do realise you can get lady specific saddles now? Just thinking of your buns, that's all.

Anonymous said...

you made a slalom course? those poor people!!!!

WT

jumbly said...

I like your WIHP posts, I read them and nod along in agreement!

G as in Chris said...

Ross-Duh!
Steve-:~P
Rob-I wasn't on the pavement! I was on the boardwalk, and bikes are allowed there. :~P
Roly-You can!? Wow! Thanks for the tip! :~) And write me! It's been too long.
Jumbly-glad to see I'm not alone

Anonymous said...

No, I was on nights before I went away. Have to wait 'til the end of March now kiddo!